Everyone is concerned about climate change. However, a few only have the idea to tackle climate change and manage the environmental impact of an organization. It is necessary to exchange meaningful dialogues and address issues related to environmental impacts by and large. AQURA Enviro Projects Pvt. Ltd. is accredited by National Accreditation Board for Education & Trainings (NABET), Quality Council of India (QCI) authorized by Government of India as ‘A’ Category consultant. AQURA has been engaging in both buildings and large construction projects and Townships and Area development projects for medium and significant clients with a strong vision to cast a protective shield for the environment. Being headquartered in Mumbai, the city that booms commercial and residential extensions, the company focuses on consulting and engineering services to bring dynamic changes. The company had worked with state owned power generation plants in Kota and Surat, NTPC, and corporations like TATA Group, Birla Group, and has been working with Hubtown, Sunteck ABIL, Runwal, Dynamix Realty, DDPL, Richa Realtors, Kanakia Group, S.D. Corporation and many other medium and small developers.
In India, there are only 165 consultants who have secured accreditation from Quality Council Of India (QCI)- NABET, and AQURA Enviro Projects Pvt. Ltd. is one of them. On account of celebrating the Silver Jubilee this year (2020), AQURA has broadened its domain across EIA, CRZ, EMP, DMP towards design engineering of renewable energy, water treatment plants, wastewater treatment plants and solid waste management.
“We always keep a close watch on environment related issues that are happening in India as well as globally. Updates regarding amendments with any Acts or new government policies on environment make us serve to the requirements of various projects adhering to the rules,” stated Arun Yadav, CSO, AQURA Enviro Projects Pvt. Ltd.
The key environment consulting services offered by AQURA are primarily, Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) Studies, post environmental clearance services for construction projects. Secondly, assisting in the demarcation of High Tide Line (HTL) and Low Tide Line (LTL) from an authorized agency and consultancy services for Coastal Regulation Zone (CRZ) clearance. AQURA also facilitates in preparing project specific Environment Management Plan (EMP) and Disaster Management Plan (DMP). Lastly, the company also gives legal advice/guidance for environmental legislation and policy for legal
compliance in industries. AQURA is also engaging in design and engineering works for wastewater treatment plants, effluent treatment plants solid waste management projects and renewable energy projects.
AQURA has always remained faithful in its Professional Ethics, Partnership, and Integrity. Company works on the Ethical Business Policy and Quality Policy.
“As we are now moving from micro to macro level, we are thinking of involving climate action projects into our array of services. Every time we take up a new project, we make sure to get all resources in-house,” said Kanchan Wakadikar, Technical Head, AQURA Enviro Projects Pvt. Ltd.
• Shortlisted for setting up a Solar Power Plant of 3.0 MW capacity in Rajasthan, India. It sets an example for AQURA’s commitment to green infrastructure, environment, and sustainability program.
• Signed MoU with a Korean company at the ‘KOREA – INDIA Infrastructure and Industry Forum in 2016’ in the presence of the Minister of Commerce & Industry, Smt. Nirmala Sitaraman and Korean minister for trade, Industry and energy, Mr. Joo Hyung-Hwan. It was to combine and synergize mutual expertise and cooperation in the solar business.
• Signed a Tripartite MoU in 2016 with the Provincial Government of Balkh, the Chairman of Municipal Corporation,
Mazer-E-Sherif, and Greenzone Group of Afghanistan, for USD 20 million Solid waste management Plant.
AQURA has broadened its domain across EIA, CRZ, EMP, DMP
• Detailed Project Report was submitted by AQURA for 1*50 MW Solar Plant at Kouroussa, Guinea (Konacry), Africa. (Technology Partners of Feedback Infra Ltd. Mumbai)
• Detailed Project Report submitted for 2*40 MLD Desalination Plant with Captive Power Plant at Freetown, Sierra Leone, Africa. (Technology Partners of Feedback Infra Ltd. Mumbai)
• Detailed project Report and studies for assessing the impact on the surrounding environment vis - a – vis regulatory mechanism due to construction of Sewage Treatment Plant on 350,000 Sq. Mt. land at Malad Zone of MSDP Stage II (Priority Works) with average dry weather flow of 605 MLD, peak flow of 1155 MLD and PFF of 1726 MLD. Project was awarded by Black & Veatch Private Limited (USA) and Client was Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (M.C.G.M), Mumbai.
On the backdrop of Paris Agreement, the vision of AQURA, as set out by Prashant H. Wagh, Managing Director of the company is to become Climate Action Company with the aim in reducing the causes of global warming. AQURA believes in its long-term objective - Innovate new processes that would Conserve Natural Resources at the same time will Create employment and generate demand and keep the wheel of Growth rotating. AQURA is widening its domain from Environmental Consultancy to Environmental Economics – application of the Laws and Principles of economics for maintaining the trajectory of the economic growth by sustainable use of the Natural Resources and that would be achieved with the help of policy advocacy. Mr. Wagh and his team, to keep updated, are attending the various national and international events such as Conference of the Parties (COP), hosted every year by United Nations framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). The bigger goal of AQURA according to Arun Yadav, the CSO, is for climate change, in which the company sets out plans for climate action projects by 2022.