According to a recent research report by Technavio, the 3PL market in India is anticipated to register a revenue of more than USD 31 billion by 2022. With the introduction of various transformative reforms and initiatives such as GST, companies in the logistics sector have been able to increase their operational efficiency and optimize the supply chain operations in recent years. However, despite the growing demand, logistics in India is plagued by numerous challenges which include cost pressures, high returns and poor infrastructure. The biggest challenge faced by the industry today is insufficient integration of transport networks, information technology and warehousing and distribution facilities.
This is where FM Logistic India comes into the picture. FM Logistic is one of the leading 3PL service providers in India and it manages 5.0+ million ft2 of warehousing space at 90+ locations across the country. FM Logistic in India has invested in the digitalization of its various functions, notably WMS (Warehouse Management System) and TMS (Transport Management System), which offer highquality service and real-time visibility to customers. The company’s WMS, known as Trariti, is 100% customizable and integrated with its TMS. Both the WMS and TMS are well equipped to track all material movement activities and provide stage-wise information to customers. FM Logistic India has an efficient and well-connected distribution network. The company’s wide-spread transportation network has 20+ branches across India with 100+ dedicated vehicles.
FM Logistic India provides Warehousing & Distribution Logistics services for the FMCG, Retail, Automotive, E-commerce, Engineering, Telecom, Pharma and other sectors.
Innovative solutions that fulfil the changing consumer demands
Established in France in 1967, FM Logistic is a family-owned independent logistics company with revenue of € 1.3 billion in the fiscal year 2019. FM invests in innovation to offer logistics, transport and co-packing solutions that answer the changing consumer demands. 70% of FM Logistic's clientele are world leaders in their industries and markets. Active in 14 countries across Europe, Asia and Latin America, FM Logistic employs more than 27,200 employees.
“Our vision is to be recognized as the most dependable and responsive logistics service provider,” says Alexandre Amine Soufiani, Managing Director of FM Logistic India.
FM Logistics entered the Indian market in 2016, with the acquisition of Spear Logistics. “Today with more than 4,000 employees, FM Logistic India is focused on values centred on team spirit, entrepreneurship, operational excellence, innovation and proximity to clients,” adds Alexandre.
The next generation of business requires logistics networks tailored to the needs of
each and every channel. Omni Channel services are the need of the hour and companies are realigning supply chains to cater to omni channel from the same warehouses. FM Logistic India has successfully provided omni channel services to many customers in India. We have the required expertise and technological know-how in terms of IT modules that enable us to offer customized warehousing solutions to our clients.
Our vision is to be recognized as the most dependable and responsive logistics service provider
Awards & Accolades
FM Logistic India has an extremely strong clientele that includes several blue-chip Indian and multi-national corporations. The company is the recipient of several Logistics and Supply Chain Management awards that bear testament to the quality and focus that it brings to its customers. In 2019, FM Logistic India bagged the coveted Supply Chain And Logistics Excellence (SCALE) Award in Industrial & Retail Warehousing category organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry. The 3PL service provider was also honoured by the Express Logistics and Supply Chain (ELSC) Awards and India Logistics & Supply Chain (ILSC) Awards for logistics excellence.
“Today with more than 4,000 employees, Fm logistic India is focused on values centred on team spirit, entrepreneurship, operational excellence, innovation and proximity to clients”
Sustainability is in the heart of the DNA at FM Logistic. As a part of its global strategy, FM Logistic India has also been working towards various sustainable development initiatives:
• It is one of the rare 3PL service providers to be associated with the United Nations Global Compact Network in India. This association has reiterated its commitment towards sustainability and inclusion.
• It has completed installation of solar panels at one of its warehouses for the largest industrial manufacturing company. These solar panels having a capacity of 150 KW will be used to power up a large warehouse of 1,80,000 ft2.
• Towards the end of 2020, it plans to start using electric vehicles for intra city distribution. The usage of these electric trucks will help in reducing carbon footprint. It is already in the advanced stage of discussions with OEMs for providing suitable vehicles.
• Efforts are being made across all warehouses to reduce the use of plastic in packaging by using old shredded corrugated boxes as filler material and thus, reducing the plastic filler material. Also the option of using paper based tape instead of plastic tape for packing is being explored.
• FM Logistic India is building its first own facility in Jhajjar 2 which will offer 700,000 ft once fully ready. As a part of sustainable development strategy we aim to develop this warehouse as LEED certified along with FM Global certification which will be one of the first in India in the warehousing sector.
• Diversity in the organisation fosters a more creative and innovative workforce. With its efforts in 2019, the number of Women co-workers doubled over last year’s figures.
• It is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of our employees. As a part of its safety-first initiative, it recently launched a safety campaign in India, “Project Sifar- Zero Accidents”, which is in accordance with its strict policy of safety and accident avoidance. It is committed towards avoiding workplace injuries due to unsafe acts and/or conditions and aims for Zero Accidents at the workplace.
The Journey ahead
With all the ingredients for success such as its global expertise, longterm vision, skilled labour, the trust of its clients, operational know-how, ability to innovate, the strength of its new Multi-Client Warehouses, etc., FM Logistic India aims to emerge as the market leader of contract logistics in India. Moving ahead, FM Logistic in India is planning to consolidate its position by providing a global offer of end-to-end supply chain services such as warehouse management, primary transportation & secondary distribution and value-added services.